Monday, March 29, 2010

Tour de Cure

I mentioned in my last post that I got a bike.. this is a true fact and here is a picture of my new bud.



It is a Bianchi Advantage. I hope to get the handle bars changed to drop bars and spiff it up a bit.

I have signed up to do the Tour de Cure this year with Team Lanesplitter. My goal is to raise as much money for the cause as possible and ride 50 miles. The ride takes place on May 2nd in Napa. I'm so excited to be a part of this event. I also realized that May 2nd will mark my 5 years of not smoking. I know that has nothing to do with diabetes but I'm just proud of myself.

This is the personal blurb I wrote on my Tour de Cure page:

Hi Everyone!!
This will be my first year riding with Team Lanesplitter, my goal is 50 miles.
Your donation is very important to me not only on a personal level but also a professional level. I have worked in the biotech industry going on 5 years supporting research to help find a cure and prevent diabetes. On a personal level, I know many people and close friends that struggle with this disease.
Please donate to this cause, any amount will help.
Thanks,
Emily


If you would like to support me for this cause.. please click here ----> Tour de Cure.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment