Monday, January 26, 2009

"Triptych"

I'm feeling the pre-show jitters. I hang my show on Sunday and I'm nervous, yes very, very nervous. I had a very hard time yesterday with my work. I was just ripping myself and my work apart. I went through these moments of feeling inadequate and that my work wasn't going to be liked or accepted well. Ugh... I hate that.

I realize that this is all part of it.. but man it wasn't a good day. This morning my thoughts had turned and I realized that it doesn't matter and that I accomplished my goals. My art was made as an expression from my life, not for the feedback, positive or negative. If someone likes it.. great, if they don't, I suppose I did my job as well. Expressing art is subjective and changes all the time, just like we do.

anyway...

I must keep creating.

This is called "Triptych" I'm not going to over crowd the pics with comments but I will put them in order.
Below is what will be the bottom of the piece.
oooh.. blurry and lit up.
I have since put together more details, and the bottom of the box. I have also put about 3 layers of medium to seal it, which has given it a somewhat glossy appearance. Not sure If I love the glossiness but it works and the piece needed to evolve the way it did.
People think this is painted, it's not.. the whole thing is made from paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment