Sunday, August 23, 2009

art closing

Tomorrow is my art closing, details are:

Lanesplitter (Temescal Location) 8/24
4799 Telegraph Ave.
Oakland, Ca. 94... damn if I know.
7-9 pm

Finger food/pizza/drinks.

I was so lazy this time around that I didn't make fliers.. I'm hoping that doesn't ruin the whole experience but it is what it is. I still feel that I will bring in some people.

The show has had tremendous success which I am so thankful for. I couldn't have imagined it would do this well. Not only have I almost sold the show.. but I am in demand with commission pieces. I need to get to work!!!

I'm going to try and be more diligent about writing in my blog a bit more and setting up my long lost website, so sad.

Today I'm off on a little driving adventure. We are going up to Marin and then cutting west through a back road to Stinson and Bolinas beach. Should be a beautiful fun day.
Yesterday after work I went to the Country Cheese shop in Berkeley and got some top of the line salami, gruyere, and spicy mustard for a snack on today's adventure. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Don't you just love little mom and pop places that are cozy with quality organic products. They sliced the salami fresh right there and I got to sample everything before deciding on it. The mustard I bought is from the Mendocino Mustard Company, I can't wait to dive right in. Maybe I will have to visit them when I go to Hopland in the near future.

Well I better hop in the shower and wash the stink off me.

Music these days have been:

Roots n' Blues - A retrospective 1925-1950 (various artist) 4 disc set
and
Doughboys, Playboys and Cowboys: The Golden Years of Western Swing [BOX SET]
and
Bessie Smith and some old ragtime.

Soooooooo good!

1 comment: