Saturday, November 14, 2009

it's the little things really...

I'm feeling super nostalgic lately... and really who can blame me. In the last several months my life has changed in such a positive way just by moving. I had forgotten the little joys in life.. like:

-having space to spread out.
-sitting at a kitchen table with the sunlight coming through the windows while having coffee.
-having my bedroom be separate from my kitchen.
-sleep and lots of it, deep sound dream filled sleep.
-silence - not listening to someone above me pounding around like they are 3 times their size. Putting Tibetan chants on at a very ungodly volume and hour.
-having a hot spacious shower to melt in.. as opposed to my old shower that you could barely move in.. it was like a hibernation pod or some crap.
-being able to sit on the couch and curl up with dogs.
-having a yard..

I could really go on forever. My last place was pretty hard for me to be in.. I never invited anyone over during the entire time I lived there. It was dark and depressing. I feel like my health has improved by 200%.

ahh.. now back to my coffee and sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment