Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A heat wave has hit the Bay Area.. finally the coldest summer feels like a actual valid summer. Yesterday, Oakland hit 99 degrees! It's a bit hotter than I thought but I can't complain. This weekend the temperature is going to drop back down to a high of 65. Eeeps!! that is cold! I wish that mother nature would stay somewhat consistent. I personally like it hot, not out of control hot.. but I grew up with hot summers and it seems natural to me.

This was the temperature in my house last night at 10pm. So not okay. It took me a long time to get to sleep it was so damn hot.


With the heat comes growth.. I have never had my own garden.. I have never planted seeds and watched anything come out of the ground. This year I planted my very first garden... mainly from seeds and I have not been let down.

So awesome..


and...


It was so dang good! Nothing beats fresh veggies from the garden.


Now that I have actually learned a little bit about gardening.. next year will be off the hook. I'll post more pictures of what comes out of the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment