Sunday, August 29, 2010

right now..


Slowly waking up on a overcast mood numbing foggy morning. Seriously, this is the coldest summer I have ever had. As you can see I'm in the "studio" enjoying coffee... I guess you wouldn't really know what the studio is, would you. I have taken over my place and am making over the second bedroom into my office/studio. I have been painting over the gawd awful light brown walls and baby poo brown trim. It has been a long and painstaking process of many, many layers of white paint. The room will be great for a studio space.. it's very bright and open. I just hope the trash I call my art can grace the bright white without making the room look like a salvage yard.

My goal is to get my house up to snuff by Thanksgiving. My family has decided that I now have the biggest dinner table.. therefore I'm in charge of hosting Thanksgiving. I just hope that my family doesn't get shocked or shot at by my ghetto Oakland neighbors. (side note: living in the ghetto is definitely a experience all on it's own. I'm often in wonderment of the way people live and are. I find myself saying one word over and over.. "really"?) In short, this should be interesting.

In other news: I just celebrated my 5 year anniversary at work and I got this lovely plastic plaque that comes complete with magnets and everything. I can either display it in my cubicle or even on my fridge if I so feel the need.

I get to pick a gift out of a catalog of things you never really need but are glad to see offered in a catalog. I don't know what I will get yet but I'm grateful for the thought and gift for my service.

This cold Sunday "summer" morning has me thinking and listening to Beth Orton. Am I depressed.. NO. I just think certain music fits certain times. It's constant entertainment to think of life as a soundtrack.

This would be the album I'm listening to right now. "Trailer Park" It's one of those albums that is fantastic in the background, or when you are staring out the window on a Sunday morning during the coldest summer of your life.

I like her other albums too. "Daybreaker" is super yum yum and "Central Reservation"

Until next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment