Wednesday, November 23, 2011

city trip

adventures in the city!

I'm a bit late in posting these but I have recently had many adventures in S.F. Here are the pictures to prove it!
My bud Kelly and I went to the SFMOMA to see what's up. I was particularly interested in an exhibit by Francesca Woodman.
Started the adventure off with a glass of wine and a croissant the size of my head. nom nom!

 This piece was super interesting and contained so many layers and strings - this was part of a special exhibit on same sex marriage.




 I was super intrigued by the room containing Paul Klee and Andrew Shoultz work side by side comparing their style years apart.

You can't have a modern art museum without a long theater.


 Below are just a few of Francesca Woodman's photos. She was brilliant and way ahead of her time.

You can fine more work by her here or read about her short life here.

Here I am with a lovely sculpture by Louise Bourgeois. I wrote a paper about her last semester and love her work. I got to see two pieces of hers in the MOMA.

Kelly and I roamed about the city all day and night. This is Union Square from the Starlight Lounge. After this we walked to North Beach and had an amazing hearty Italian meal.
Wish I could do this every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment