Thursday, April 21, 2011

300th post.

I'm celebrating my 300th post with these awesome new "Live Art Wednesday" drawings:

You may not be able to tell but these are done on small wood panels. I really needed a good night at Live Art Wednesday. The last time I was there I was to drained to create anything. This time I just kept to my comforts and and tried something new with it and it worked. I got a lot of positive feedback which was so nice and validating. I felt proud of myself and the start of a new series.

Yesterday was just the "pick me up" I needed. Like the weather, I've been all over the place over the last month. One day I'll feel fine, the next day I will feel defeated or drained. I think it's to be expected with all the major life changes I've gone through.  Just have to make sure and keep the long term goals in sight and go for it.

Other than all that.. I just really want summer to be here. I want to the sun to decide to stay out for more than two days at a time. At times I deeply miss Utah spring/summers. You could wear a t-shirt at night and not be chilled. I miss driving through the canyons with the windows rolled down and feeling the warm air on your skin. The temperature would rarely go below 75 at night and often would stay in the low 80's. It's funny I get so nostalgic for that, I'm sure if I lived there it would be different. I never did mind being hot, I actually love to sweat in hot weather. Come on Summer!

and that my friends.. is my 300th post.

On the iPod lately:

No comments:

Post a Comment