Thursday, June 16, 2011

my new buddy

I don't know why... but recently I've been thinking a lot about guitars. For some reason I have this urge to pluck at guitar strings. One reason I think it's in my head so much is that my neighbors have a small guitar leaning up against their house. Every time I open my bathroom window I see the little guitar starring at me. The image of it perplexes me... why would anyone leave a guitar outside to get warped and destroyed. 

You know how somethings keep popping up in life. Like for example you will be walking along and suddenly see a picture of a guitar and then you think about the neighbors outside guitar. Or you sit down next to people  talking and you over hear them talking about guitars.. you get the idea. Yeah.. that was happening to me. 

Yesterday while roaming around Oakland I stopped by one of my favorite salvage yards and guess what I found? A guitar sitting there winking at me.. 


I picked it up and looked at it and couldn't seem to put it down... so I bought the old beater for a whole 20.00. It needs a little work but other than that it's in decent shape. 

I feel crazy even talking about this.. I don't know the first thing about playing the guitar, nor did I ever really have that much interest.. but I've been around long enough to know that when something continues to appear and present itself in your life that you should pay attention. So... I bought an old Spanish style beater guitar.. who knows what will come of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment