Saturday, July 30, 2011

book madness

this whole posting everyday business is gonna have to wait till after Monday. I've been in the studio hardcore trying to get everything together for my August show. And yes.. I'll post more info on that as we get closer to the opening and fully in August.

Not only have I have making wood journals but vinyl journals as well.
 The book below is one of my favorites so far. Every once in a while I make a couple books that I feel are gems, they are hard to get rid of. Something about this one is so dear to me, I think it's the size and color.
 Originally I bound the vinyl books with wire but they are to much a liability, as in they might get cut by any sharp edges and what not. Lovin' the book below, I will definitely be making more 7" books.
The one below is made from a lovely Robert Goulet album. You may be wondering how I pick the albums I destroy.. no rhyme or reason really. If I'm going to play the album a ton then I won't cut it up. I do try and find vinyl that is already damaged if that helps you stomach it.
 I have been so busy that I'll I do is work, work, work.. I think I'm going mad.....
aaaaaarrrrrggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Repeat offender of my ears lately in the studio:
and...
both so good.... yummy!

I also watch lots of movies and tv shows while I work. I've been watching True Blood, The Real L Word (such drama), Bridesmaids, Six Feet Under, Big, Ghost Adventures (so dumb) and the list goes on and on!

cross your fingers I don't lose my mind over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment