Tuesday, July 5, 2011

summer garden

Lookie, lookie at what I pulled out of the garden.
sadly.. the radishes were eaten through by some damn bugs.. so I didn't eat them. This furthers the the push to weed and take care of the bugs. I just hate slimy bugs in the garden.. gah.

This whole gardening thing is something I really need to get over, I am working on it though. I almost feel like I have to get a nice buzz on (yes,  buzz ...as in drunk)  before gardening.. it helps dull the concern that I have about dealing with all the creepy crawlies.  One of the last times I was out there I stepped on a worm and about died. Not because I care about the worms feelings.. but because I could feel it squirming under my shoe. I think I have a heightened tactile sensitivity. I so wish I didn't care at all.. like eff you bugs.. you're dead to me.. squish... or get the eff off my food jerk snail..swoosh.. as I throw it over the fence.

A perfect world would be getting deslish organic veggies without the hassle of maintaining it.

alas... that is not going to happen.

My whole goal is to have a garden oasis that I can sit in and sip ice tea, read a book and have my feet up.. while I enjoy the beautiful flowers, veggies and plants all put in their place artistically. Uh yeah... when that will happen is unknown to me. After rereading this post... I find myself just wanting to go shopping and not do any gardening... maybe I want good clothes and not good garden grown food.

While lounging in the garden I will listen to this:
Does certain music remind you of summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment