Wednesday, September 15, 2010

j...

j is for journal..

Getting the studio together means opening old boxes... and I happened to open the box with all my old journals. I used to write in journals all the time.. it was my life, my secret place to spill my guts, my everything.

I would go through one journal about every three months or so. It was strange to look at them again. I saw some things that were very real that I went through, many obituaries and memories. Even though some of it was sad, it really brought back this calm in me.. a reminder of my identity and where I came from.

Each journal had their own personality.. I emptied a box of about 15-20 books.


I don't know if I should hide these away or keep them on a shelf. Journals are always so personal and so secretive.

These are just a few of my journals. I always like the simple ones.. black book with duct tape holding it together. I was happy to see all the old pictures and to see a history of friends and family and myself.

Now.. for the fun part.. some pictures.

aaah.. look at that little ragamuffin. That was basically what my childhood looked like.. dirt on the knees and big coke bottle glasses.

Some pictures weren't so flattering.. haha.. but that was who I was then.. A young artsy baby dyke.

I loved those glasses, I bought them at a vintage store in S.F. on Filmore St.

and...


haha.. that is so funny and so young.

Then I started to get creative and "rebellious".

very creative..

hahaha.. I'm not complaining to much that these are dark pictures... let me tell you.

I kept the orange for while..


I stopped writing around 2003.. and this is what I looked like then..

hahaha.. look at that butt cut. Anyway.. it's been fun to get a good laugh here and there going through all the old memories.

So with that.. I will keep writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment