Wednesday, May 11, 2011

house sparrows

I have a family of sparrows living in my porch. I've tried to take pictures of them but without fail I always get caught. So I had to borrow this image from the inner-webs.



If you can recall.. or know me well.. you will know that I had a "bird year" several years ago.. what does that mean? Any time I would be out walking I would find feathers littering my path. That was also the year I found 4 birds nest on the ground. I still have those nests.. even though I hear it's not good to pick them up. I also have a jar full of feathers.. strange huh? That was also the year a bird flew into my house and needed help out.

This year so far.. I've found another fallen nest but left it alone, I secretly wanted to take it. The house sparrows live in my porch and I've been seeing the feathers again. I also had to deal with a tragedy involving the sparrow family... let's just say they lost one of their young (enough said).

I wonder what all the bird stuff means?

I welcome the sparrow family and will name them "The Joneses" as in "keeping up with the Joneses". I don't know where this whole community of sparrows came as most of my neighbors have families living in their porches. 

Welcome to the hood Jones Family.

On the turntable this a.m.
a little Neil Young never hurt anyone.

I can't believe I'm listening to something other than Brandi Carlile right now. I'm SUPER obsessed lately.



No comments:

Post a Comment