Friday, May 20, 2011

quick book making 101

First off.. I have to say.. my apologies for the sideway pictures, I'm just too lazy to rotate them today.

I had several wedding guestbooks on my agenda to make. Above is the lovely wood all stained and ready for paper.

Here is my desk littered with brown packaging paper. This particular paper comes in rolls so it stays in the tube shape even after cutting it down.

every book gets the same time and treatment.

and now that the paper is hand ripped.. I have to flatten it with a lovely ironing session. I'll save you the details of that. 
Paper before:

Paper after:
Getting ready to stitch it all together.

zee finished product

detail of the pages and book.


that was your quick 101 on book making Emily Coker style. 

jazzing it up while I hand rip pages:
the new orleans jazz vipers.

No comments:

Post a Comment