Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Tour de Cure 2011

Look at all that spandex!
Sunday I rode 50 miles in the Tour de Cure. It was the hottest day so far this year and it was absolutely glorious in Napa! We had about 30 or so riders for Team Lanesplitter and to my surprise we are in 11th place for corporate fundraising in the Bay Area. We were neck and neck with the Kaiser Team and the Craigslist Team. Way to go Team  Lanesplitter!!!

On a personal note.. not only is fundraising for diabetes personal to me.. this ride also falls around the day I quit smoking. I quite smoking 6 years ago on May 2nd. You may wonder what this has to do with diabetes.. well.. I just use my personal health gain to help motivate me through out the ride and also to push my fundraising.

until next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment