Saturday, February 26, 2011

the jump

If you read this blog you are probably wondering the the hell I've been talking about over the last several posts. Well.. "the jump" or "massive change" has been put out there. Now I can actually talk about it instead of sounding all mysterious.

Yesterday I put my resignation in at my job. I've been with the company going on 6 years and I decided to take a huge leap of faith and change my life. - you may be thinking I'm nuts to leave the science industry, the comforts of corporate america and all that tenure and stability. In ways I am.. can't deny that..but after a lot of thought and many failed attempts to further myself in business or new jobs. I decided that I need own my future and will make it happen for me.

I'm open to listening to where the universe wants me to go. I have a plan in place and it's starting now. My goal is to go back to school almost full time while serving table. I know in the past that I had the idea to study physical therapy, in fact I've had so many ideas over the last million years and they were all really great ideas. Sadly, nothing quite pushed me the way I needed, nor held my true interest.

I'm going back to school and taking baby steps toward my goal of obtaining a degree. In fact, my dream goal would be a double major - Business Marketing / Fine Art. I know this is a long and rough road but I'm making it happen.

So please join me in the journey.. it won't be easy, it won't be pretty at times but it's time. Yay!

(it was a long day yesterday.. check this out)
After I gave my resignation yesterday and was driving home from Stanford I got pulled over. I was given a fix-it ticket for expired tags while the officer was leaving,  I noticed my car had died. I asked the officer if he could jump my car.. Cops can't do that.. just in case you're wondering. I called my roadside asst. plan on my car and they told me I didn't have that feature (this is while I'm looking at my membership card that states it's valid until 2012)... ok. I ask a lady who pulled up to park in front of car if she could help.. guess what? she couldn't  because she drives a prius - those cars can't give jumps either. I looked around me and noticed that the car parked behind me was also a prius. GAH!! I'm sure you can imagine how frustrating this all was.
I finally flagged down a guy across the street who saved the day. When everything was running and ready.. I looked at my watch and it read 3:33. Interesting.. this all happened in 3 hours and was 3 things.

I must take this as a good sign overall.. even though it was a bit awkward at the time.

jumping...

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!
    J U M P !
    congrats on having the courage to jump into your life & choose for YOU!
    Big Hugs lady!

    ReplyDelete