Monday, February 14, 2011

surprising treats in small packages.

my V day started with a lovely surprise from work, in fact everyone at my job got one. I didn't think I would have any other Valentine surprises other than from my mom.

Later in the day the theme continued.

and my waist line was filled with love.

I also had a very special Valentines this year. I know he's a bit young but I couldn't resist spending time with "the doodle". My friends were looking to go out to celebrate and asked if I would be the "Demi" to their little "Ashton". (not sure if it was appropriate to laugh but I did anyway). 

So me and the doodle hung out while my very appreciative friends went out for a romantic V-day dinner.

Below doodle is figuring out that it's a camera and starts to giggle.


and then he giggles so much that he can't hold still.


The doodle was also kind enough to get me roses and chocolates. I don't think I've ever been given roses on Valentines...EVER. I know the roses are from a 1 year old, but I gladly accepted.


Once the doodle was knocked out from all of our V-day fun, I got to spend some quiet time on the couch with the lonely hearts club.

Don't you wish you could do that without feeling like a slob or caring that you were snoring. Yep.. this pup was sawing logs for a while but it was very cute.

I have to say I think this was such a unique and fun way to spend Valentines Day. I usually cringe and hide away somewhere mumbling about commercial holiday and all that crap. But it was nice to allow some friends a well deserved break.

1 comment:

  1. what an awesome valentines day!! tons of little unexpected goodies! & evening w/ some very cute little love bugs!

    ReplyDelete