Tuesday, February 1, 2011

doodley doo

Some recent doodles I've done about town in the last two weeks or so.

my what a long neck you have.

I've been having fun with these tree phone poles since drawing Wednesday. I still feel that I haven't perfected the perfect tree phone pole yet.. the quest continues.

Just another "creepy" dude.. but most people say I shouldn't call them creepy. Who knows.. some people are a bit unnerved by them and others not so much. I did however notice when I draw eyes lately they are always looking away or up and away. I wonder if this means anything psychologically.

unsatisfied girl. I just realized this drawing is a big deal since most girls I draw look like drag queens. love her lips.

Steno pad man.. given away to a friend.

The spelling errors were done on purpose people. Obi said I should do more of the diminishing technology series. So I doodled this and gave it away. I guess I should start keeping some of these.

Many of my doodles are done while visiting with friends at dinner or grabbing a drink out. Coaster art has always been one of my favorite things. It's just so temporary and the fact that you are reusing something that was truly intended to hold your beverage or protect the bar - manipulating it is cool. 
I usually draw on a bunch of coasters while listening to friends and then I put most the drawings back in the pile of coasters. I love the idea that a random person unknowingly will sit down be thrown a coaster and see someones art. One of my friends suggested I start using a specific signature so I'm recognized around town and putting my website on it. So I did... and now it's back in the pile.



Vocal doodles this a.m. provided by:

1 comment: