Sunday, February 22, 2009

New Show Booked! and much, much more..

Artquest was awesome last night! I had such a great time. The art was very good, I especially enjoyed the work by Derek Weisberg. His work was overwhelming, his sculptures lined the walls of a room and were all lit up by tea lights. You could feel the heat of the room and also smell the mass amount of people starring at the warm glow. One of the shops that was showing work was a great bookstore/magazine shop called "Issues". I have never been there before but thought it was so intriguing, I think I fell in love a little. The openings also gave me a chance to mingle with local artists, check out some new spaces, and have fun with my bud Mike. Overall.. it was a fab time!


I do have some news as well. First things first, I sold "Well Isn't That Just Swell" yesterday while working at the Split. The gentlemen that bought it is a regular there and has had his eye on the piece this whole month. So far that is 4 sold and 3 commissions. Not to sound narcissistic, but I'm very proud of myself (patting myself on the back).

At Artquest I ran into Matt Decker (I was telling you about in previous post), do you recall me saying I want to have a show at his tattoo/vintage shop. Well.. I booked a show for Sept. 4th!! It's a bit far off but I'm very happy about it.

For my 365 project.. well.. I will say going to the openings on Saturday was working on my art, booking the show etc. Today my art project is that I finally bought my domain name. This blog will be linked to it, not sure how the whole transition works yet. Blogger states that it takes up to at least 3 days for the whole process to be finalized. My new address will www.emilycoker.com It's very exciting! Now I need to start working on my portfolio and moving full steam ahead.

I also need to start really working hard on my commissioned work. Back to juggling all the things I want to do and make it look easy, sort of.

No comments:

Post a Comment