Saturday, March 5, 2011

art murmur fun

ventured into the art murmur last night with a friend and had some photo fun

On gallery was a room filled with mirrors that said "facebook" on them. Couldn't resist snapping some pics. This one was our favorite.

Next door was another quirky little gallery with various different works.One sculpture had this strange distorted glass so we took a couple more pics through the glass.


This picture is my favorite!! it's just strange and awesome! We visited several galleries and sipped on wine with up turned pinkies.

It was a fun night and we managed to avoid almost all of the downtown Oakland madness..I don't like having young hipsters surrounding me, I feel suffocated, antsy, and old. Yes - I said it old.

I did see one artists work that caught my attention:. Jody Medich.
   
These were amazing! These pictures are small but these drawings were very large (36x48") and all were done with watercolor and a bic pen. GAH!! so great!

Here's my date and I in front of one of those amazing drawings.
It was a lovely evening really.

serenading this blog post:
on vinyl! takes me back to living in PDX

1 comment:

  1. love the Jody Medich work! wow

    I haven't gone to an Art Murmur in many months now! Perhaps next month!

    ReplyDelete