Wednesday, March 2, 2011

a whole new/old perspective

I went to the eye doctor yesterday and had my full exam which was way overdo. I was surprised to learn that on top of the contact (have to get a new one of those as well) and lens implant it is recommended that I wear glasses.

My optometrist kept saying things like "well now that you'll be in school you will really want to be able to see not only your book but the chalkboard", this is after I mentioned going back to school. I have an unnecessary habit of saying useless random information to anyone who will listen.. like my eye doctor, or that lady in line at the store, or anyone really. I guess those embarrassing moments as a child listening to my mom divulge any information to strangers didn't wound me enough not to do it myself.

So yes.. the optometrist, the receptionist, and the technician in eye wear shop had to hear a string of nervous stories about my life. Through all of my chatter I did manage to pick out a pair of modest glasses that were reasonably priced. Of course my sights were set on the Gucci, Lucky's, Coach, and all other designer glasses but knowing that my life is on the verge of change I thought I should be modest.

They look something like this:

not exactly... but similar.

I pick them up in a couple weeks and have to have a consultation about "learning to wear them". My doc. suggested those fancy gradated glasses... so I can see far away and read in one lens. No more reading glasses if I don't want them.

It's been a long time since I've had to wear glasses full time but I'm sure it will just come right back to me. My inner geek can't wait to get out and just in time for school.

No comments:

Post a Comment