Wednesday, March 23, 2011

just another day at the office...


Last night was my first closing shift at the split. From corporate America to late night beer slinger in a matter of days. I worked during the day Monday and made myself stay up late that night to hopefully prepare a bit for last night. I'm not sure if it really made that much difference or not.in the end. Staying up late was like propping toothpicks under your eyelids to keep them open. I think I made it to 11:30 and folded myself away to dream land.

Well.. I did survive last night but it was hard. I hit my sleepy bed time at about 10:30 but then got a second wind at 12. Obviously it's going to take some time to adjust to an opposite schedule. I didn't get home until about 2 and wasn't able to fall asleep until about 2:30. The world is a much different place that late in the evening/early morning... there is a quite and still peace about it and shadows are a bit darker in a way.

I wasn't able to sleep in as late as I wanted since my body has been trained to wake up so early for so long. I was awake at 8:30 and rolled out of bed with a full body ache. My arms, back, feet, legs, and everything else was screaming about the changes. Once I stretched out.. I quickly wrote ibuprofen on the shopping list.

This definitely will take some time to get used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment