Saturday, November 20, 2010

it's a soggy Saturday morning... There was a break in the rain when I woke up but now the rain is back and fierce. Today marks the first day of turning on my heat. I've mainly been having fires and putting on an extra hoodie.

Thanksgiving is being held at my house this year. I don't know if I'm happy, sad, stunned, panicked, or... well whatever it is it's here. So I'm trying to get my house in order this weekend and part of next week. What better project than to paint on a rainy day. This weekend is the kitchen makeover paint job extravaganza.. I know you may be thinking I'm crazy but it needs to be done. My ghetto house needs way more than just paint but it's amazing what a little paint can do.

I just recently had a Feng Shui consultation at my place by my friend Shannon who owns Fierce Feng Shui. I certainly learned a lot and I also learned that my kitchen is several different sections of the chart.. but the main area is that it is my wealth corner. I was going to repaint the kitchen anyway but this and Thanksgiving pushed me to do it faster. With the kitchen being the wealth section, Shannon suggested I paint it a nice green. She also said to be mindful of the color you choose.. like desert green. She said this will send the message that your wealth is like a desert. I have picked out my color.. Misty Green - It's a lovely light sage color. I'll keep you in the loop of how the Feng Shui is going etc. But for now.. here are some pictures of before and the first coat of primer done last night.

Although I do enjoy a nice warm yellow kitchen - This was to much. The color was overpowering and saturated.




On the way to greener days ahead..



I would be fibbing if I said I wasn't a little nervous about the green.. but I am. It's not the green it's just making sure I got the correct hue.. nothing worse than painting the whole thing to discover it's not the color you wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment