Monday, November 22, 2010

New color in the kitchen. I'm interested to see what it looks like during the day. The photos make it look a little darker I think.


I still need to do second coat and then I'll do the trim. Wasn't originally going to do the trim but now seeing the new color, the trim just looks like plain crap. I'm also stripping the cabinets hardware back to the original glory. Both the the trim and detail of the hardware will make the room pop.

Overall.. I'm pleased with the color, it gives a certain sophisticated feel to a very shabby little house . I do think that it will take some time to get used to since my corneas were burned by the yellow.


In other news!!! I got my mantle back from my buddy Trevor. Holy cow is it nice! The wood is older than the house I live in. It's made from fir and is just awesome.



I need to stain it. Trevor was showing me how it would look with a very dark stain. Apparently fir stains differently than other wood. When using a natural stain or not staining it will give it a orangeish hue. Dark stains, like the one you see below give it a "tiger" style look. I think I'm going to go with a dark stain but not as dark as the one you see.

I LOVE the wood shop!! I finally got a picture of it. I love the way it feels, smells, and looks. Most of the machinery is very old, you can see the deco style details. Love that! Trevor says that the older the machine the better job it does.

They don't make things like they used to.. that's for sure.

I took the old mantle back as well. When I move from this house the lovely new mantle is moving as well. I will find another use for it.. maybe a shelf or.. it's to nice to just give to the ghetto house.

No comments:

Post a Comment