Tuesday, November 9, 2010

things are starting to fall into place for the event and all.. which means a lot of running around. Last night I met up with my bud John to take a look at the p.a. system at the Temescal Art Center. We were surprised to find a couple dancers doing a little practice.. they were at least nice enough to let us check out stuff.

Can you see them.. teeny tiny in the mirror. I was actually trying to get a shot of the TAC without my event there and what not. I love watching people dance.... wished I could have sat down and watched their practice.

Then I had to meet my buddy Anne to pick up the show flyers.

They look great but there is one small hiccup.. Anne was supposed to order 1,000 and accidentally ordered only 250. Now I have to decide if it is worth ordering more or making the 250 work... make it work!

Then home to make things.. amazing things.

more books!

I'm really enjoying this project.. I find it very therapeutic.. sitting at home in front of the fire making very cozy, familiar feeling books.

I also wanted to tell you that I have fallen in love with PJ Harvey again.. Every Autumn I fall in love with her all over again. I tend to do that with many musicians during this time of year.

Some of my Autumn favorites include:

PJ Harvey
Bjork
Ultralash
Norah Jones
Laura Veirs
Tori Amos (yep.. tori amos.. gotta a problem w/ that?)
Noe Venable
Modest Mouse (old stuff)
Rachel's
and many, many more but those are some notable ones.

I love you PJ!! You can serenade me anytime.

Now back to passing out flyers and making books next to the fire with dreamy music.

1 comment: