Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I've been busy getting everything wrapped up or together for the holiday. Nothing like a deadline to kick me into gear. Here is a list of things I did last night in no particular order.

-cleaned and organized the garage
-patched holes in the drywall in the garage
-finished painting the kitchen
-started pulling the tape off the walls in the kitchen to reveal a decent job with a little touch up needed.
-went to the store and picked up straggler items for the holiday
-stocked up on firewood for the week
-first coat of stain on mantle.. may need only one we shall see today.

I picked the stain color "black cherry"

All naked and waiting for stain.

the moment of truth...

and exhale.. I really like the color choice.

a little detail.


after the stain is completely done comes the tricky part.. getting it on the fireplace without a problem. I tried to put it on before I stained it and it's a bit tight. I'm afraid I will have to use a towel and hammer or rubber mallet to squeeze it into place.

fingers crossed it goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment