Wednesday, January 5, 2011

avoiding the holiday clean up

All that work for the holidays and now it's just over. It seriously took a lot of energy to even get into the spirit.. and now it's all done and deflated. I think it's silly I had to convince myself to put up decorations.. and now I know why.. the truth is it's a pain to take it all down. Maybe I should have started earlier, like Thanksgiving to get the full satisfaction of all the work. aaahh.. well..

There was a reason I wanted it up so it's not all that bad. I have a goal to take it down tonight... I wanted to last weekend but then decided that I should try and enjoy the New Year.

In an obvious attempt to avoid taking down the Christmas stuff... I visited the library instead. I've been thinking about going for a couple of weeks and finally dragged my butt there.
After circling for parking etc.. I finally made it inside and had that certain youthful appreciation for it. I especially like the Arts and Music section.. huh.. I wonder why? You may be wondering why I was there in the first place..I was looking for visual reference books to practice drawing. I also nabbed a couple books to help me practice my technique.

There were a ton of  fantastic books.. I found this book above on birds.. the paintings are really detailed and great. I wish I had enough gusto to get the two first additions to the Audubon society books.. but they are huge and awkward. I also picked up a very detailed books on mammals and trees. Obviously, you can tell I want to practice drawing nature and wildlife.. gotta mix it up people. 

Isn't it funny that no matter what public library you go to in any state.. they always have a certain smell and feel. The books always have a smell and there is a faint urine stink in the air. I'm not saying this is comforting or anything.. just an observation.....weird...

anyway..

rapp tapp tapping this a.m.:
I heart you Karry Walker!

No comments:

Post a Comment