Monday, December 6, 2010


After constant texts from a friend of mine to get down to his studio.. I finally made it and I wasn't disappointed. My friend Mark Petersen's studio shares a space with many talented artists. They have an open studio all through December. Below are some fantastic works and information about it.

The open studio is located at 2743 9th Street in Berkeley. I believe they are only open on the weekends.
So many talented artists are showing.. including Tammy E. George from PuNk rAwK pUrL. It was not only fun to look around at all the great crafty art goodies but also meet the artists. Tammy's super sweet and has a great eye. I loved the owl cards she had on display.

Below is Mark's crazy kitteh works. meow!

I also met Jenny Hurth from Elbow Grease Designs. Her bags are fun, I was super impressed by her quilted paintings but you will have to see those by visiting.

There are a couple other artists showing including Jana Olson from Panache Lighting. She works with found antiques to create really interesting and intriguing light fixtures. Most of the pieces I saw were from her "Kitchen Lights" series.

So great!!

Get your butts out this month to see all the great open studios and buy local art as gifts... support handmade products and local artists.. DO IT or I'll have Mark text you a million times.

No comments:

Post a Comment