Sunday, December 12, 2010

Yesterday I participated in the Civacorps 1st Annual Holiday Bazaar. You may be wondering what this is.. Well Civacorps is a school that my cute little nephew Theo goes to. The bazaar is to help reinstate the school's music program. 

I realized once I set up my little table/booth that I have never set up a table for myself like this. I have a feeling I will be doing more of this in the future.

I pulled together what I had left over the last 2 years of work.

My sister setting up her jewelery table.

People setting up their booths.. lots, and lots of kids as you can imagine.

I sold two books! Here are the happy new owners:

Mom looks happy but I'm not sure about her skeptical son. hee hee

Thanks Hollyce and Will for coming out and purchasing one of my books.


The cost of the booth rental went directly to the music program and some vendors even donated a percentage of sales. It was really a nice event for a good cause.

With that said.... this marked the last show of the year for me. I am absolutely spent and so very grateful for such a fantastic year. This was my year of charity and donated time as well. After the event finished yesterday I thought in detail about what this year truly entailed.

2 Oakland Under $100 shows, 5 group art shows, and over $3,000 raised for various causes  I would say that was a very good year and that spent feeling is valid. phew. I think I could sleep for a week now.

In reflection.. Again, I am truly so thankful.

Alright.. enough with being sentimental and back to making art!

On the turntable:


No comments:

Post a Comment