Sunday, December 5, 2010

Well.. now what? 

The event was a smash hit! People seemed to have a good time, the artists and musicians were great!! I had one hiccup during the set up time but other than that I couldn't have asked for more than what it was. The hiccup was that there was a conflict in scheduling w/ the venue.. I had to wait a bit to get in to set up, but it all worked out.

Here is a picture of the event at one of many busy points.


Below is my display.. I received a lot of positive feedback on the books and I sold four. I have six left and four more ready to be stitched together. I enjoyed watching people flip through them, I kept making people take them off the wall and hold them to really feel the weight. 


My favorite book sold first.. of course. A friend of mine purchased it,  she's a writer so I felt thrilled about that. That friend gave me one of the best compliments ever.. she said - " I really like the way your art is progressing. When you made the heart shadow boxes - it seemed you had a lot of inner turmoil or things to work out. Not that I didn't love that work but now you just seem so open... like your books".  Not sure if I quoted that word for word but it's close and get the idea.

This body of work has been the hardest for me to let go of so far. I notice that I got a bit attached to each one. I also know that other people will enjoy them just as much as I do/did.

I'm taking the rest of the weekend to rest but it's back to work as I have a craft fair that I'm apart of next Saturday.

Thanks again to everyone and Oakland North for the fun article!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks a ton lady! i super appreciate the mention & lovely post on us all!
    it was great meeting you! i look forward to more artsy talk! looking forward to the next under 100 event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was nice to meet you as well. I have a feeling we will be bumping into each other more in the future.

    ReplyDelete