Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My friend Ryan told me about this project he is involved in.. art in a box from the Compound Gallery.





Art In A Box is like a wine club of sorts.. but with art. The program features bay area artists - the idea is when you sign up, pay 30-50.00 a month, then you fill out a questionnaire and the Compound Gallery tries to fit you with art you may like.

Here is an excerpt from the site:
Subscribing is simple, Just give us three adjectives to describe your art taste, tell us what mediums you like or dislike, and you will receive a carefully chosen piece of art in your box each month of your subscription!

Each month subscribers receive a new work of fine art by a different local artist.  Our featured artists work in a variety of mediums (ceramic, printmaking, painting, collage, digital prints, etc.) and most of them live and work in Oakland or San Francisco.

I'm going to submit my work for review.. Ryan thinks I can do it.. I feel like I may not be the same calibre or many artists involved... which makes me want to push myself to apply.

very cool!

Thanks Ryan.

No comments:

Post a Comment